Avast is popular among users for system protection. Many users use the service of Avast for its remarkable features and functions. It protects the system from unwanted files, documents, and many other cyber threats. It blocks phishing emails, files, or documents. However, a user still experiences some issues or errors, and Avast service high disk Usage is one of them. There are some reasons because of which you are facing this problem.
In this write-up, we will help you to fix this problem with some solutions. So, try the solutions and also have a look at some causes for the Avast service high disk Usage problem.
Reasons for Avast High Disk Usage
- One of the main reasons for this issue is the incorrectly configured system setting.
- Your corrupted Windows registry entries are also responsible for the issue.
- If your Avast version is out of date, then also you may have been prompted with this problem.
- Corrupted Avast also promotes high CPU usage.
Read More How to Fix avast Won’t Open the user Interface
Solutions to fix Avast service high disk Usage
Solution 1: Update Avast Antivirus
Sometimes, the issue occurs when you are using an outdated version of the antivirus. If you want to update the antivirus, then you need to follow the steps precisely:
1. From the Start menu, open the Avast User interface by double tapping on its symbol. At the point when the Avast window opens, explore the Update tab.
2. At the point when the Update tab opens, you will see two choices of the update. The top pick is for the update of infection definitions, and the other option is for the update of the Avast program.
3. Presently, it would help if you tapped on both the choices to refresh your Avast antivirus.
4. Avast will look for updates from that point onward, and if it is accessible, it will download them.
5. Be patient as this will take some time to finish. When the download completes, adhere to the on-screen guidelines to introduce and refresh your Avast antivirus program.
6. At the point when the Avast antivirus is refreshed to its most recent variant, reboot your system.
Solution 2: Remove Avast Cleanup tool
- At first, double-click on the Avast icon to open the Avast tool.
- In the next step, open Settings.
- Now, you need to click on the Components.
- After that, select Cleanup and click on the down-arrow symbol.
- Choose Uninstall component.
- If prompt, click on the Yes option to continue the process.
Solution 3: Remove Unnecessary Avast Features
- Start with opening Avast and clicking the menu.
- And then, tap on the Settings option.
- Choose the Troubleshooting option, and select Add/Modify Components.
- Now, select the features you want to remove from the given list.
- Then, click Change.
- Last, select Yes to confirm the procedure.
Solution 4: Stop Avast Screensaver Scanning
- Initially, you need to open File Explorer.
- In the next step, you need to open any suitable file and start scanning with Avast.
- By this, the Avast control center will show the rundown of files ents that are being examined.
- By investigating the files, you will know why the CPU usage is too high.
- Open the Avast Screensaver scan.
- Select the Stop button.
Solution 5: Check your corrupted registry
If your system is facing the Avast error due to the corrupted registry, then a user needs to repair the corrupted registry files. So, go through the given steps.
- First, you need to insert a Windows setup CD and then restart the system.
- In the next step, a user needs to press the ‘R’ key on the keyboard to access the Repair console.
- If prompted, enter your administrator password.
- Now, you need to click on the corrupted registry files.
- Then, it is required to click on the Backup button.
- Choose the delete option to delete your corrupted registry files.
- After that, you need to press the Exit button and take out the CD.
- Restart your system.
- On Startup options, go to the Tools option.
- Click on the Folder option.
- Here, expand the hidden files or folders.
- Last, ensures you restart your system.
The mentioned steps are easy to follow, and we hope you can fix the error by going through the solutions.